Health Care Reform
Health Reform Information for Businesses
Did you know that...
- In 2014, every person must own health insurance, or pay a penalty?
- Small businesses may qualify for up to a 50% premium tax credit?
- A federal subsidy will lower premiums for those individuals making $46,000 or less a year?
- Health insurance is guaranteed regardless of preexisting conditions?
- In 2015, qualified businesses must provide affordable health care or pay a penalty?
These are the types of issues that have a significant impact upon you, your business and your employees. Where you get your answers is crucial.
We at Sound Benefits Insurance Solutions, LLC are your link to the Covered California exchange and are your source of vital information about implementation of this massive new federal Affordable Care Act.
Covered California is the state’s marketplace for accessible, high-quality health coverage that will take effect in 2014. Covered California offers four types of health plans – PPO, EPO, HMO and HSA – at four different levels of coverage: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Small businesses will be able to purchase competitively priced health plans and offer their employees the ability to choose from an array of plans.
Learning about and understanding all the issues can be overwhelming without a trusted advisor on your side. Here are just two of the many services we provide:
2013 Health Care Reform Checklist including keys to:
- Evaluating Grandfathered vs Non-Grandfathered Status
- Reviewing Plan Documents for Required Changes to Plan Benefits
- Providing Required Notices to Employees and Dependents
2014 Health Care Reform Employer Compliance Guide with information on:
- Small vs. Large Group
- Covered California Marketplace
- Small Business Tax Credit
- Individual Mandate and Penalties
- Federal Subsidies
- New Fees and Taxes
- Metallic Plans
- Community Rating
- Essential Health Benefits
- Minimum Actuarial Value
- 60-90 Day Waiting Periods
As experts in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Sound Benefits Insurance Solutions, LLC is here to help you understand this complex Health Care Reform legislation and its impact on your business, employees, and their dependents. Contact us for a FREE consultation. At Sound Benefits Insurance Solutions LLC, we are happy to answer your questions and provide education and guidance.
Covered California Standard Benefit Plan Designs
Covered California Fact Sheet
Small Business Fact Sheet